Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Photos of the Kiddos & Christmas around our house!

Here are just a few of the choice photos I taken for this coming year's annual calender featuring my two kiddos and my nephew, Scott Joe (needless to say, I took over 500+ to get the perfect shot...it is so not easy with three kids under the age of four to not only be smiling but to be actually looking at you but oh what a great time we had!)

(our musicians)


(in their Christmas jammies!)


(fun time, jumping on the bed!)

Which one will it be, you'll just all have to wait and see!


Now, here are a few photos from around our house. I so love decorating for the holidays! I always start right after Halloween and almost every room in our home has some kind of festive decoration displayed in it! Here are some photos from our kitchen...


(I know you all have seen this one before...)


(Oh how we love these nutcrackers! I can't wait to get my hands on the ones that stand over 6' tall! I am sure they are going fit into our new home!)


(and the stockings were hung...no chimney here but we'll have two in our new home!)





(only a small portion of my collection of Dept 56 North Pole pieces!)




Some stuff displayed in our living room...


(I use these poinsettias every where I can. I just love them and it so makes everything appear so festive!)


(a few of the purchases I made on our last journey to China)

I started giving Francesca a music box every year for Christmas...this year's feature her favorite ride, the Tea Cups. Since I wanted to start giving Annabelle something special to mark every Christmas we celebrate together, this year...for her first Christmas home, I got her a Chinese Precious Moments doll (both shown here)

And last but not least (hope I am not boring you) our Chinese student's table even got a little decorations added...

I am going to have to take some photos of our tree this year! Do you know that the tree that we use is actually my family's first Christmas tree ever (it is over 35 year old!) My mom was going to get rid of it a few years ago but I told her NO WAY can she even think about throwing it away...so it now has a place in our home! Just looking at it brings back so many memories...I just hope & pray that my girls are able to build just as many beautiful and wonderful memories and I did (growing up) around that Christmas tree...


5 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The pictures of the kids are adorable...I especially love the ones of them in the PJ's and the one on the bed....so cute!!

WOW!!! You are ready for Christmas...the house looks terrific and very festive!! I love the Chinese student's table...that is gorgeous!

Have a terrific day...hope we get a couple minutes to chat...call me if you can!

Lisa

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love all of your decorations! Your stocking are beautiful & I love your Dept. 56 collection. Your girls will really appreciate that some day!

Thanks for talking me off the ledge yesterday! You are doing a great job with Francesca - don't get too discouraged :)

Love ya,
Sara

Debbie said...

The pictures are beautiful as well as all your decorations.

Jodee said...

I love, love, love the PJs picture! It looks like you are definitely ready for Christmas. Your house looks great!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Look at you Miss Festive!!! I love all the decorations!!!! Your house is beautiful.
I love the pictures of the girls. So cute! How is your little one doing? I have been meaning to write to you to ask. She is so stinkin cute!!! Do you just want to eat her up or what!