Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School {for Francesca}

I know it has been ~ forever ~ since I last posted to our blog but that is all about to change....





While I do have a few posts waiting to be published, I am going to start with the most recent...





Our oldest Francesca 1st Day of School at Kindergarten! (which was August 30th)





Where did the time go...





Last thing I remembered was her being placed in my arms in a extremely crowded room in Nanchang Jiangxi Province China back in November of 2005...





I can't believe that she is this little lady that stands before us all today!





She truly had an amazing first day of school (while this Mama did not) and she has been super excited about going back - ever since (while this mama is still having a hard time letting go)...



Enjoying her breakfast before the big day!



Daddy even went into work late that day just so he could see his baby girl get on the BIG yellow bus...



Grandma even came in for the BIG day!



And while we waited for our time to come to venture outside for that BIG yellow bus, I decided to draw matching hearts on Francesca's and my hand :-)

As mention before, school and yes even that BIG yellow bus have been a success!

And while I do have so much more to share with you all {about our amazing beach vacation, our newest addition Benjamin, Benjamin medical status, and life as a family of five} I am going to have to save that for another day...

7 comments:

Marla said...

Awwwww, love the pics, so glad it's going well!!

Love Letters To China said...

So happy to hear she is loving school. It's probably harder for us mommies to let go then it is for them. :-)

Lindy D. said...

Francesca is such a beautiful girl. She has such a great smile. So glad that she likes school. I love the matching hearts.

I am here from Sara's blog and followed your trip to China for your son. I hope he is doing ok!

Sue said...

So happy your big girl had such a wonderful time at school!! It is very hard to let go...so I hope these days are getting just a little easier for you!! She looks so cute in her dress - and her hair is really growing long again! Have a super 3 day weekend (with all three kids!)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love, love, love the matching hearts!! What a sweet way for Francesca to look down & remember her mama throughout the day!

I knew she would do well - being the firstborn, independent sort :) I am interested to hear how well Annabelle did being QueenBee all day!!!

Can't wait for more posts! I have missed you!!

XOXOOX,
Sara

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Awww!! It looks like she had a great first day of school! Gosh, so hard to believe she is old enough to go to school...... they grow up so darn fast....sniff sniff.

xoxo,

Lisa

Bushnell Girls said...

Here in southern CA, we don't have school busses (except for MY students, in special ed). A few districts still offer them, if the parents want to pay for it. Yikes!
Your Francesca is growing up so fast, into a beautiful "big kid."
Thanks for posting to your blog; I look at it often!