Thursday, June 4, 2009

S&*( H#$% I^&* T@#!

How does one small house accumulate so much sh!t is beyond me! I truly have been packing non-stop for the past two weeks! As of Monday, our phone, Internet, and satellite service will be disconnected...and we will be in our new home! Everyone is super excited including me, but I am also a little sad to be leaving behind my mom, my sister, my grandmother, and so many of our other family and friends behind...I keep telling myself, "It is only a 3.5 hour drive home. That's not so bad." And this is not the first time I moved away. Maybe it is because I am getting older...or maybe it is because I am a mom now...but I just am feeling so very sad! The only thing I do know is that as soon as I am on I81 South...that our life as a whole family will be just the beginning....

(plus my mom is coming down the weekend of the 13th...my dad & stepmom are coming the weekend of the 20th - along with my sister...and I will return home on the 25th for my sister's birthday...not too bad.)

OK..signing off from PA...next post will be from our new home in MARYLAND!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations on your move. It is amazing how much we collect. I remember when I moved to my apartment(it was just me) and thinking how can one person have so much. I tried to think of it as a blessing, because I was blessed to have things to pack and a home to store them in. Maybe that will help you get through these next few days. Happy moving, can't wait till your back on in your new home!

Becky said...

Good luck on your new journey! Be safe!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I don't envy you. Not one bit. We are exploring our new place, still don't have our house yet! I will call you as soon as we get a phone!! Happy Trails!!!!!

Unknown said...

The Wises wish you well on your move to your fantastic new place! And we know all about s&*h$%i#t that you have to pack, discard, etc. it's exhausting!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OMG...you are leaving already??? I called the other day hoping we could try to get together before you left.

I know you have no spare time, but if you get a minute, call me!! I still have your cell, so I am assuming that number will stay active no matter where you go!!

Good luck......What an exciting time for you all....can't wait to see the new place. We will definitely be making our way down for a visit when you are ready for company!!

Hugs,

Lisa

Jodee said...

Good luck with your move!

Jill said...

Safe travels Shelly!
I hope the move goes well.
Can't wait to hear how things are going in Maryland!