Friday, March 26, 2010

Did I take on too much...?

I know so many of you, save your photos in very different ways....

Me...

Well let's just say I still save them all to disks ~ directly from my computer.

And because I have been doing this since 2007....

when my computer crashed....

I have a lot of disks!

(and wasn't really sure what to do with them)

Than came the weekend I went to my Mom's for a quick visit...(during the first weekend of March)

and I was looking for one particular photo in the many photo albums she has saved.

After looking at about 10 of the albums my mom had poured her heart & soul into....

and truly having such a wonderful walk down memory lane...

I just knew what I wanted to do with all.of.our.photos.that.are.saved.to.all.those.disks.since.2007.

That's right!

I am going to start labeling & placing all of our priceless photos in some precious photo albums & photo boxes!

Now this is truly a BIG job for me!

For I actually have to start from 2005...

for that is when I was still using my 35MM camera (which I still love) and was getting all those rolls of film developed and placed all those photos into a box (actually several boxes)

So if you are keeping track, it is 5 years of photos I need to work on getting organized, labeled, {many of them} printed, and placed in albums.

I see myself very VERY very busy over the next few weeks...

for I am hoping to have this little project that I crazily started...

finished by Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Wow that's quite a project! I started printing out photos when my daughter was born (1/03) and kept it up for a couple of years. Now I just save them on my computer and back everything up everyday. There are days when I think I want to do the same thing.... then I think of how long it's going to take and I forget about. Good luck on your adventure! I can't wait to hear how it turns out. I'm still trying to print out some pictures and just frame them on my walls in my kitchen. I've' been working on this for a couple of years now... I really need to stop procrastinating! Maybe reading your post will give me the little push I need to get that project started.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Football and Fried Rice said...

UgH. Seriously girl - you better get this done before #3 comes home! (in a FEW WEEKS!!!!)