Thursday, August 13, 2009

INSPI(RED)

BY YOU. ALWAYS.

"Stay strong, have faith, fight the fight for this little boy who has no voice - YOU are his voice!"

These are just a few words that were written in a card sent to me by one of my best friends, Sara. When I was at my darkest hours of feeling very lost and helpless over this whole process, I was reminded of who I am, what needed to be done, and that I have always been strong enough to fight this fight. Our son is waiting for us in China.

Sara, I know I told you time & time again what our friendship means to me. You INSPIRE me every day on how to live my life! I love you so very much and words will never be able to express how much these simple written words mean to me....and how I so needed to 'hear' them just at 'that' moment...You truly are the best and for that I will be forever thankful that you are a part of my life....(and just so you know, I read that card at least 5 times a day. It is what keeps me going ~ knowing that I have you out there who does believe in me, my family, and our waiting son, Benjamin)



(Here is a photo of Sara & her beautiful daughter, Mya! She is truly one of the best...)

3 comments:

Linda said...

she is amazing, isn't she?
i am so truely blessed to have her and her family as my own.
good to hear from others that she is working for the Lord through others.

Jodee Leader said...

Sara is such a great gal! What a sweet card!

Hang in there! He will be soooo worth the long wait!

sara said...

Oh, Shell - make me tear up! You have been such a sweet blessing to me - my special, secret pal - the one who encouraged me in the whole adoption from China process :) It was SO awesome getting our girls "together" last year and I absolutely cannot wait to see Benjamin come home (and I am STILL on board for that trip, you know!) What a great time for us to meet :)

Love you,
Sara