Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black & White Wednesday with Lisa!

One of my amazing friends Lisa from The Long Road To China has started Black & White Wednesdays a few weeks ago. Seeing how we ~ I ~ have been just crazy with getting everything ready for our Disney trip (which I am happy to report we are NOW finally home and 100% settled), I wasn't fully able to take part in this wonderful concept of showing off some of our treasured photos ~ in Black & White!

The photo I am going to share with you all today was taken while at Disney. It was actually taken on the morning of Francesca's 5th Birthday! While so many of our photos showed all of us some what posed, this one featured here was truly a snap shot that was take by Keith while Francesca was waiting for her birthday cake to be cut and served. To me, there is just something about her eyes that have me totally captivated. As soon as I was reviewing...all 1243 photos my husband took while at Disney...I knew that I wanted THIS photo to be the first of many to be display in Lisa's Black & White Wednesdays!

So without letting you all wait any longer, here it is!

B&W Wednesday 1

What is it about my Francesca that has me speechless most of the time. So much of it is her true beauty, but also so much of it is her funny and very dramatic personality!

{Oh how I love this little girl of mine!}

As for our Disney trip, we truly had a blast! Spending almost 2 weeks in Disney is a little bit crazy, but so well worth it. For many of you who have been asking, we did spend every.single.day. at a park, but for us it worked! We never felted rush and we were able to do it all! Coming back home has been hard. We had to say goodbye to my mom aka "Grandma" once again after having almost two whole weeks with her. While we were all so very sad about saying goodbye to her, we were not so sad to say goodbye to Disney...seeing how some of us are already making plans to return next year! In my opinion, January is the best time to visit Disney. The parks were not crowded and the weather was just prefect! Yes...I do see some more January Disney trips in our future and if the girls had their way...we would still be there today!

I will be posting some of the many photos Keith took over the two week time period we were there! Can you believe I only took about 20 photos of the whole trip! Yep, it was Keith who was behind the lens and if I might say so myself, he took some beautiful photos. So please keep checking back to see some of his photos that I will be posting over the next few days {and please leave feedback}!

17 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Shelly!!

So happy you are home....and it sounds like you had an AMAZING trip! OMG, 1243 photos..... I can't believe you went through them all already!! You are on the ball:)

It looks like Francesca had a wonderful bday.....every little girls dream to celebrate their big day surrounding by princesses in the Magic Kingdom!!

What a beautiful girl....Her eyes are truly captivating...... thanks for playing along! Can't wait to catch up!

xo,

Lisa

Jodee said...

I love this picture!

Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh Shell,

Welcome Home! THIS picture is IT - it is amazing - it totally belongs on the WALL!!! She is a gorgeous child & the perfect big sister!!

I am glad you are home & can't wait to see some pictures as you get settled back into "life" - so glad you had a great time - can't wait to hear more about it - call me anytime!!!

Love you,
Sara

Robin said...

I love the angle of this picture ... nice job!

Love Letters To China said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time now. I don't think I've ever posted. I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your picture is. I can understand how you are captivated by those eyes. They're gorgeous!

I live in S. Fla. and will be making the 3 hour trip up north next month to Disney. It will be my little ones first trip there. Can't wait to see his facial expressions when he sees the park and all its delight.

Look forward to your other photos.

Marla said...

Holy cow, that is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more. Glad you had a fun trip, we are planning our first trip to the House of Mouse this summer and the J's can't wait.

Wanda said...

Beautiful capture - her eyes are mezmerizing. Funny, how you describe your feeling for you girl sounds very familiar. It's so all consuming, isn't it?

I love meeting all these new bloggers participating in Lisa's fun. It's just an extra bonus! I'll be back for an extra long visit.
:)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo. I love the angle at which it was taken! Lovely. You do have a very beautiful daughter!

Oh my goodness, two weeks at Disney? That's amazing! We actually just went to Disney and got back a week and a half ago. Maybe we were there at the same time? ha ha.

I am a photographer, so I totally understand the amount of photos one can take on vacation. I took 1459 photo on our 1-week long florida trip. Yikes. I'm still editing, go figure. Check out my blog if you'd like...http://thejasandersfamily.blogspot.com/. Nice to meet you!

Krista said...

LOVE the pic! I'm so glad you all are back(and of course that you had a fabulous time!). I will be home tmrw after 1130 if you have time to talk - can't wait!

Lisa said...

That was most unexpected and I absolutely LOVE it!

Those amazing eyes and the expression on her face...enchanting....

Welcome home!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Great photo..her eyes are totally captivating..
Thanks for the advice on Disney..we usually bring our 4 chinadolls and 1 gentleboy there during spring break(march or april) and it ABSOLUTELY a mad house..This year we have decided to try the Florida keys..
Hope our crew likes it as much as Disney!

MommaT said...

What a great trip and an amazing photo..she is beautiful!
I may try to go to Disney in Aug (without kids) when my daughter Nicole gives birth to my first grandbaby...she lives in Tampa

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What a beauty you have there! Congrats on your LID!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous picture ... love the angle!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful picture. Happy Birthday to your sweet princess! I think that it is so smart of you to go to Disney when it is not so packed! I also LOVE that you didn't feel rushed and got to do everything you wanted to do. That is just perfect. I would like to take my son to Disney world before he gets too much older! I can't wait to see more of your pictures. I am so glad your husband snapped away : )

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Shelly~

This is such a special photo and the description that goes with it is as well. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating Francesca's special birthday.

Many blessings~
Lisa

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love the angle. Great shot!