Friday, February 20, 2009

Family Movie Night for Sunday AND (big news here!)

It is finally my turn to pick out the feature film for Family Movie Night this Sunday and my pick is....


101 Dalmatians!

I just love Glenn Close in this flick...she so cracks me up..."Woof - Woof!"


(Francesca was kind enough to take the photo of me with this week's feature film...and I did not edit it! I think she did an amazing job...seeing how it was her first time behind the lens! As for me cracking up in the photo, you can see Annabelle sitting next to me on the couch. As Francesca was trying to take the photo, our Miss Annabelle was lifting up my shirt from behind and tickling me. Here I was trying to help out Francesca in how to use the camera and all the while Annabelle was having her our fun...at my expense! I just had to leave it unedited because I truly think Francesca capture the moment!!!)

AND...(now here is the exciting news!)


As of Sunday, Francesca is progressing very well on her potty training. She has only had one major accident and one minor accident (and that is saying a lot for a child who had a mega colon). I had to put my foot down and there is no more diapers! She is wearing "big girl panties" all day long with a little assistance (her doctors suggested we use a pantie liner in her underwear because of the leakage from her rectum and they are helping out a lot). I can't begin to tell you how proud we are of her! And she is so very proud of herself too! (and our Annabelle isn't going to be too far behind her big sis...she is already asking about going on the potty and telling us that she has to go before actually going...I might even get a two for one deal here ~ this is all way too exciting!)

We are all still not feeling well in our household and now it looks like our Annabelle is coming down with it too. Anyway, here's looking forward to a relaxing weekend and only a few more hours until Daddy comes home...YEAH! We are scheduled to have some professional family portraits taken on Saturday, but if I am still feeling and looking like I do...the pale skin, the more than normal dark circles, and some major break-outs (who would have though that at my age I would still get pimples) I might have to reschedule the appointment. I'll keep you all posted.

Here's to wishing you all a great weekend and I am looking forward to returning back on Monday!

4 comments:

Jodee said...

Congrats on the successful potty training! I hope you get a two for one deal!

Enjoy your movie night!

Unknown said...

hooray for the potty news AND the budding photog!

get everyone WELL and have a great weekend!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Way to go Francesca!!! That is great news Shelly...I am glad she is doing so well with it....and if you could get Annabelle trained at the same time...that would be heaven!!

Sorry to hear you are still sick and now Miss A is coming down with it....I hope you are all better soon. Enjoy the Movie.....one of my favorites:)

Lisa

Steffie B. said...

Woo-hoo for the potty training....I an hoping to get Daniel to cooperate with this once Andrew is home.....and I need to talk to you about those lady bug blankets again......email me....can I still get some of those?