Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Spin on a Pumpkin Bread!

As you all know from an earlier post, I stated that our Miss Annabelle was a handful last week. One afternoon I decided to make some homemade Pumpkin Bread (from a recipe of my own creation). Annabelle wanted so bad to help me out and I thought this would be perfect for her to get some one on one time with me and also have a little fun.

(you'll see from the photos below how we decided to add a little bit of goodies to our already fabulous pumpkin bread!)

Here is our Annabelle helping out in mixing up the ingredients.


Making sure they are all blending together....



Adding some Peanut Butter Chips to the mixture...


Than some mini marshmallows...



And finally topping the whole thing off with some ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and fine sugar for a super sweet taste!
Here are the girls with the pumpkin bread before being baked in the oven. I must admit, I was a little nervous about addling the peanut butter chips and mini marshmallows but the end result was really a delightful tasty treat! I wish I took some photos of the end product but once the bread baked and cooled, we enjoyed quite a few pieces.
I must also admit that sharing a little afternoon "project" like this with Annabelle helped her out a lot with the "mood" she was in last week. It was really hard to have to tell Francesca that Annabelle needed some one on one time with Mom but Francesca being the loving and kind-hearted child that she is...she totally understood and stepped aside to let Annabelle do a majority of the baking with me. Since Francesca was so understanding of the whole situation last week with Annabelle, I just had to reward her for her amazingly wonderful and understanding behavior...so on Sunday we baked some cookies ~ just me and her! I am hoping that by the end of this week, I'll have those photos downloaded and posted to share with you all.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

yum-o! and how very adult and understanding Francesca is!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I will have to try the PB chips and the marshmallows next time I make it.....it actually looked really good and I bet it tasted good too!!

What a big girl Francesca is....so understanding!! It is good to get the one on one with them.....they all need it from time to time.....special moments!!

Hope you are all feeling okay....talk to you soon!

Lisa

Sharon said...

What a unselfish sweetie pie!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

And where is the recipe my friend???? I think the peanut butter chips sound yummy!!!!!!
My girls love to help mommy cook...it's nice spending that time with them.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, it DOES sound yummy!!!! Wish I was your neighbor, I would have smelled it baking & been OVER!!!!