Monday, February 22, 2010

*updated* an early birthday present ~ just for me!

*Just received my necklace today and it truly is as amazing as I expected it be. If you haven't check out Lisa's web site ~ you must! For I am sure you will find that one piece you'll too so desire to have....*


Back around Christmas time, Stefanie over at Ni Hao Y'All feature this necklace as a pick on her "Christmas List for 2009"!

(it is the same list that I also found Smores the Pony on for Francesca...)

Anyway, at first glance of this necklace, I so WANTED one. Seeing how we were leaving for Disney only a few short weeks after Christmas...I just could not justify spending that kind of money on a necklace.

As time past, I kept that necklace in the back of my mind...

Next Valentine's Day came and seeing how Keith & I made a promise ~ a long time ago ~ not to waste any money on Valentine's Day gifts (we only do the card thing), I still could not justify "this necklace".

Than one night while watching TV in our bedroom, Keith turned to me and asked, "Is there any special you want for you birthday?" Seeing how he already got his hands on some tickets to see the Terra Cotta Soldiers display here in DC, {which I can't wait to go...} I truly didn't want to ask for anything else (plus as many of you know, we are saving once again for a trip to China this coming summer). When I did not reply, Keith asked me again, "Is there anything special you want for your birthday?" It was within 5 seconds that I turned to him and told him about "this necklace" I so desired...His reply to me, if it is under $100, you can order it!" I quickly ran down our stairs, type in the web site address, and starting ordering the necklace of my dreams.



Now this is not "my" necklace ~ for the names on each of my charms would be, Francesca, Annabelle, and Benjamin but you get the idea.

I know many of you have seen these hand stamped charm necklaces in the past (just as I have too) but I have NEVER seen one that perfectly represent my children.

Oh how I can't wait to get it! Not sure if I am going to have to wait until my birthday (which is next month) to wear it, but I am hoping I don't have too...

6 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

What a beautiful necklace! My hubby bought me something very similar from Suzanne Meyers. It has the kids names stamped in it too. It's one of my all time favorites. Hope you're able to wear it before your birthday!

Unknown said...

Awww...this is so beautiful, I love it!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I have been in love with this necklace the moment I got an email from Lisa Leonard a couple moths ago. I even had a coupon to use but since I don't know mei mei's name or if there will even be a mei mei, I'm not getting it yet. I love it, though!

Her work is beautiful and I can't wait to see YOU wearing one with all of your children's names.

xoxo~
Lisa

Gail said...

This is beautiful!!! I also have a very similar one and adore it...I wear it frequently. :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I remember you telling me about this necklace back at Christmas time..... It is BEAUTIFUL!!! You know that he will give it to you the minute it arrives.....cause your hubby is good like that:)

Have a great week my friend!!!

xoxo,

Lisa

Sue said...

Yes...it is GORGEOUS!!!
And...it is my request for my birthday present too!!! The only downside is that I will have to order it with only two charms. Ugh. Still praying that DH will open his heart and we will be submitting that list...
Can't wait to see some photos of you wearing that beautiful necklace!