Saturday, July 5, 2008

What an AMAZING week we had! (lots of photos to see)


A Day At Knoebels with Aunt Amy, Katie, and Uncle Owen!
(here they are on the log ride...)



That's Mom and Francesca on that ride! And Francesca loved it!



Aunt Amy, Mom, And Uncle Owen



Mothers and Daughters enjoying a Ferris wheel ride!
(Francesca is hiding behind me)



Francesca and Katie flying a plane!



Francesca and Katie playing the "Go Fish" game...



(again...the two girls are flying but this time it is a rocket!)



Riding the "Whip It"! We have some brave girls there!



(again...the flying thing...but this time it is a helicopter)


OK...now here we are in the backyard having some fun!

Francesca on the Monkey Bars...




The BFFs!



This is what happens when both Moms go to the store...The girls made a mess and were covered in chalked. The Dads did have some sense...they got the girls all cleaned up before we arrived home. (only the photos remained)



Katie loved driving the #20 car while Francesca was just happy to ride along...
(check it out, Katie has on the matching #20 ear wear protection)





"I think he needs a drink!"






Dr.Winkler and Dr. Leonard giving Honey an exam (check out Dr. Winkler examining Honey's eye)






Again...having fun in the #20 car!



And...(warning...this photo is so sad...)


The Girls having one final ride on the swings before Katie headed home...

(look at those faces. You can just tell both girls didn't want the vacation to end, but the good news is that we are going to MI Labor Day weekend...so that's only 2 months away! And we can't wait!)


I can't begin to tell you what an amazing week we had with Uncle Owen, Aunt Amy, and Katie. It seems like only yesterday they arrived and already (this morning) they had to leave to return home...I cried my eyes out for about 2 hours after they pulled away from our drive way and poor Francesca kept asking me, "Are you sad , Mommy?" I had to explain to her that I was indeed sad, but it was only because we are going to miss Aunt Amy, Uncle Owen, and Katie so much...We love those guys so much and we can't wait to see them in two months...again!

7 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, A Labor Day vacation already planned! Woo-Hoo!! Do they live anywhere near the lakes? it is going to be a great time no matter what!!

CALL ME ANYTIME!!!!!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Katie and Francesca looked like they had some serious fun this week....it is always hard to say goodbye!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a fun weekend you had! The pictures are great!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What a nice get together!
Will it take all week to recover?
We had a pretty great time ourselves.
I finally got that 'sum it up' done. It wasn't so bad once I put my mind to it but it was hard to get started....Thanks for the challenge.

Ashton said...

Great job on already planning a Labor Day vacation! I Love your blog!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OK....you are killing me with the comment you left on my blog....I can't stand secrets.....email me "the" news!!!!

My email is attached to my profile!

That drink sounds delicious.....I will have 10 for you!

Unknown said...

oh what fun! I really enjoyed the Knoebels photos (maybe next year Chloe will enjoy rides!)

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my 'crossroads' post. We actually feel great, even though it's a bittersweet decision.

AND, I am still thinking about my 6 words -- thanks for tagging me & I have every intention of doing it -- had to clear and blog the mental baggage first!

Thanks again!
Janelle