Sunday, February 11, 2007

Daddy is on a mission!

As you may of heard, the CCAA (China Council of Adoption Affairs) are going to change the regulations for parents submitting their dossier for adoptions as of May 1, 2007 and because of these changes, Keith & I will no longer be eligible to adopt. With all the new regulations, there is only one that would affect us. That one is both parents need at least an HS educational degree. While I did graduate HS and college, Keith's story is so different. It was because of total hardship at a young age, that Keith had to leave his former education and help support his family. He has been blessed with a skill that has supported his family & himself for over the past 25 years...and we are so very grateful of that skill...but after much time & consideration, Keith has decided to go back to school & get his HS diploma. We are all very excited about this & according to him, it is something he has always wanted to do. I know part of it is because of the new regulations going into affect by the CCAA, but I also know it is something that he has wanted to do for some time now. I did contact CCAI and they told me that this would be a big help in our 2nd adoption quest. After doing some research, we found a great institution via the Internet and Keith has filled out the the necessary paper work and application this weekend. Now it is a matter of hearing back from them to see if Keith has been accepted and how fast it can be for him to get his diploma.

When talking to CCAI (and knowing that we already have our home study notarized, certified & authenticated) I was a little concerned about having to do that process all over again, but CCAI told me that all we would need is an amendment added to our home study, have that amendment notarized by the same person who notarized the first one, and include it in our dossier. I was totally relieved and ecstatic over the fact that now we don't have to worried about getting our paper work logged in by May 1st and that it is so easy to do. We are still really trying for a DTC in March or April, but because of the USCIS approval taking so long (we are hearing it can take up to 2 months)...you just never know.

I am so very proud of my husband! He has worked extremely hard his whole life and has provided for us beyond our means because of his skill, determination, and passion. I love him so very much and I am so very proud of him!

No comments: